This course is designed to be operated once a week, as a group class, in coherence to TMG style of teaching.
Starting on 21st January - 25 February 2021
The course will run on Thursdays evening from 6.05 - 7.20pm
Instructor - Lorenzo Diab
Our brand new songwriting course aims at unleashing your creativity in a social, fun and engaging environment. Get ready to express yourself, forging your musical ideas into an original song!
• To provide you with a basic knowledge of music theory functional to song writing
• To make you familiarise with common song writing techniques
• To empower you to create your own chord progressions in different keys
• To forge your own melodies
• Ultimately, to write a complete tune from scratch after the completion of the course
Concepts seen in class will comprise:
• Major and modal harmonisation in pop, rock, blues and jazz
• Common song formats and sections
• Extended chord voicings (7th, 9th, 11th)
• Chord Inversions: CAGED and drop 2
• Popular Key change techniques in chord progressions
• Crafting a melody: Chord Substitution and Voice Leading
• Re-harmonising chords
• Creative Lyrics writing exercises
• Simple arrangement ideas for multiple parts
• How to effectively determine the Key of a song
What is provided:
• Quick reference sheet of circle of fifths (provided via pdf).
• Weekly Revision Mailing List with the topic seen in class.
What you should bring:
• Pen and paper
• Knowledge of basic open and bar chords.
• Knowledge of basic strumming and arpeggio patterns
• Rough knowledge of difference between major and minor scales
The birth of a new song is always and exciting and life changing moment. Endless possibilities of creative self expression await!
PURCHASE BY 15 JANUARY TO RECIVE 3 FREE Guitar Group Lessons to refresh your guitar skills